We’re all about running and racing… and we are also about supporting the young runners in our community!
Since 2002 New Basin Blues has sponsored the annual XC Shoe Program to provide running shoes for deserving high school runners. These kids are new to the sport or just don't have the support or encouragement. This is where NBB steps in.
We have people who have many years of running experience from various backgrounds. We want to share this knowledge and experience to promote a love of running for future generations in our community. We also want to show them the trails we run so they can see there is more to running than just around a high school microcosm. By getting the students proper shoes, we not only give them the most important gear in the sport, but we also show that we care and support them.
During this event student athletes are treated to a beautiful trail run with the club and a light breakfast served afterwards. After breakfast, the students are custom fitted into a pair of new running shoes. Your donation pays for new shoes and is tax-deductible. New Basin Blues is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Please give generously!
We always enjoy seeing our club members interact with these remarkable young runners. It would be our pleasure to have you attend our annual event.
Ways to contribute to the XC Fund
(indicate XC Shoe Fund in memo section)
Make check payable to New Basin Blues Running Club
send to the to address:
New Basin Blues Running Club
20929 Ventura Blvd. Ste. 47-294
Woodland Hills, Ca. 91364
Via credit card/debit card
Submit solicitations to local businesses
Tell them or write to your favorite store about our program.
Sat September 10, 2016
8:00 AM@ Balboa Park >>
> 101 Fwy
> Exit Balboa Blvd and head north toward Victory Blvd
> Before Victory Blvd Enter the Lake Balboa Park
> Park your car in the dirt parking lot immediately upon entering
> Find us on the grassy area across the street.
Reseda and Monroe High School XC Teams
To volunteer Click here >>
Don't forget your NBB Club Shirt !
- 8:00 am - Meet up and get organized (location details are on the link above)
- 8:30 am - Gather people and make some announcements about the program
- 8:45 am - Start the run (4.5 mile run, mostly trail, out to the dam and back)
- see the run route click here >>
- 9:30 am - All should be back to meeting place
- NBB provides breakfast for all (bagels, bananas, water and coffee)
- The students have already been fitted by Fleet Feet last week. Fleet feet has a list of students they will call out to give them a new pair of shoes.
- There are 80 students so it will take a while, in the meantime NBB members should socialize with the kids, maybe play soccer while they wait for shoes. We should also wish the kids well in their upcoming XC season and be supportive.
- 11:00 am - End of event
NBB would also like to thank the following sponsors that made the event possible:
- NBB Members - Last year this program was fully funded by NBB member donations. This year we fundraised with Adidas and solicited donations from Smartwool. Donations from large companies are not guaranteed, however, and we will always need your support. Please continue to donate to our program (tax-deductible; we are a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization) or help us solicit funds from companies that are willing to support our running community.
- Trail Run Events LLC - Larry and Nancy from Trail Run Events (organizers of the Valley Crest Half and Bulldog races) have put in so much work and money into this program so the program could grow and help more students. With their help our goal is to fully fund this program by putting on the Rocky Peak 50K trail race next year and with more sponsorships from local businesses. Thank you so much Nancy and Larry for your support and efforts towards this wonderful program.
- Fleet Feet Sports SoCal - Jeff Vannini has built an amazing running shoe store that serves the needs of our runners and walkers, from beginner to sub-elite. Fleet Feet visited both Reseda and Monroe to fit the students, gave us a great deal on the shoes and will bring all those shoes to the park this Saturday to distribute. Thank you so much for doing all this.
- Smartwool - Our board member Jen submitted a solicitation to Smartwool describing the XC shoe program earlier this summer. Smart Wool liked our program and made a generous contribution to the fund. Thank you Smartwool for supporting the youth in our community.
- Adidas - NBB partnered with Adidas to lead store runs this summer, and in return they donated a very generous amount to our fund. This donation could not have happened without the NBB members who volunteered their time to lead/and or participate in the store runs in Woodland Hills and Santa Monica every other week.Thank you NBB members for coming out to these runs.